Sodium polyacrylate is not considered an irritant under normal conditions, is not a skin irritant and not a respiratoty irritant under normal usage. If ingested it causes irritation of the mouth, throat and digestive tract. If you come into contact with it remove contaminated clothing. If you inhale it and difficulties occur after the dust has been inhaled move to fresh air and seek prompt medical attention. If there is contact with the skin wash with soap and water. If it gets in the eyes wash the affected eyes for at least 15 minutes under running water with eyelids open. If you ingest it rinse the mouth and drink plenty of water. Do not induce vomiting. In case of spontaneous vomiting ensure vomit can drain freely to avoid suffocation.